Friday, February 11, 2011

1.11.11-2.11.11

Well,  its been a whole month.
Can you believe it?
It has absolutely flown by and we are adjusting pretty well.

Brother is fitting in and its like he was always here:)


And, here is one without the paci...just so you can see those oh so smoochable lips!

This week, Gaines and I survived the stomach virus.
It was horrible and I literally thought I was going to die.
I never thought I would be nursing my baby with one arm and holding the throwup bucket with the other.
***BTW, my amazing husband, who has a horrible gag reflex, did a great job cleaning the bucket;)***
My milk supply dried up to zilch.
Needless to say, my milkshakes weren't bringing any boys to the yard.
Gaines was MAD because he didn't have enough to eat. 
My milk came back in full effect yesterday, but, it was a rough few days.
He has been gaining a pound a week since my milk initially came in and he lost a little ground during my virus and recovery, but, it seems we are back on track!

Now, for the stats.
Gaines' birthweight: 7lbs 3 oz, 19 inches
At Gaines' 3 day checkup he weighed in at 6 lbs 6 oz
My milk didn't come in until he was 5 days old.  I know....that's a long time....it took a long time with Rutledge too.  So, he dropped 13 oz.
At Gaines' 2 week checkup he weight in at 8 lbs 13oz and measured in at 21 1/2 inches.
50th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for length
Today, Gaines is 9 lbs 13 oz, I have no idea what length, we shall see at his 2 month checkup.

I am enjoying my days at home with Brother and Bubba:)

1 comment:

Sarah Barry said...

Bless your soul. The stomach virus. Yuck. SO glad that you and your milk supply are better.

Gaines is just beautiful. And my have pacifiers gotten cute! That little blue bird - love it.

Traveling with two was not as bad as I thought. I did have help, my cousin and his brand new fiance gave me a ride b/c the were passing through town. Way to welcome somebody to the family, right?! The good thing was even when they were upset and crying....they couldn't get out of their seats. We just pressed on until we reached the destination or a good stopping place to regroup.

Go see your mama and take a nap {with your pants off} - see my latest post for the explanation.