Thursday, December 16, 2010

Its been quite a week!

I feel like one of those ladies "back in the day" that had to get everything canned and put up before winter set in;)
Seriously, I have been working like a madwoman stocking my deep freeze to prepare for the eminant arrival of "Bobby G"....
No, that's not his Christian name.....
Its our pet name for baby boy #2.
We really just like to use it because it ticks off Matt's mama;)
His given name will be.......
Robert Gaines Rogers
to be called Gaines.
His name is for my side of the family this time:)
Here is a 4d pic of our new little man.

Ok, here's the thing....his 4d looks JUST LIKE Rutledge's 4d.
Will I ever have a child that looks like me and not a carbon copy of Matt Rogers?;)
Just kidding.  We make beautiful babes:)

Now, about his name.
Robert is for my mom's Uncle Bob who is very special to all of us and Gaines is from my dad's side of the family...Daddy's middle name is Gaines, his grandmother was a Gaines.  We just love the name...it was really hard to come up with something to compete with Rutledge.
Its quite a name, and he's quite a boy!
The LURV of my life...
Besides his daddy:)

On another note, I have had ALL of my Christmas shopping accomplished for about 2 weeks...AND, its all wrapped:)
I feel kind of like super woman.

The only thing left is the little bit of holiday baking that I do to give to friends.  This year, we are giving cream cheese pound cakes...yum.

So, with all of my Christmas preperations and deep freeze stocking, I've been a BUSY lady.

My 35 week appointment is Monday morning.
Please pray that everything goes well, as that is the appointment with Rutledge that my blood pressure was high, there was a trace of protien in my urine and I was admitted to Baptist East for bedrest for 1 week prior to being induced at 36 weeks to give birth to a very healthy but very jaundice 6 lb 9 oz baby boy!

So, I'm doing my best to keep things simple as we like to do for holidays but its kind of hard when your 2 1/2 year old actually gets Christmas:)

Love to all!
I hope everyone is as busy as bees!




3 comments:

Susannah said...

I love the name! Also, Rutledge is a seriously good looking boy! His haircut makes him look so mature. He is going to be a heartbreaker! I can't believe how busy you've been. Keep us posted on the appt!

The Macons said...

So sad we won't be there this year :( Ya'll have a fantastic Christmas and we will come see ya soon! Can't wait to meet "bobby G" and I hope you know he is now stuck with that name (from me!) Love you!

Sarah Barry said...

Aren't 4D's fun?! It just makes it SO REAL that a baby is really in there. Robert Gaines is a seriously great name and it stands up well to Rutledge, who looks so handsome in that picture!

I just read your comment on my blog about the freezer, and yes - I'm thrilled to death and I hope to have it almost full by baby time. You are doing awesome to have yours so full and your Christmas gifts wrapped!

We are definitely on the home stretch! Yeah! Hope all is well at your next appointment.