Monday, August 9, 2010

Productive!

I love when my day comes together and I can multitask and accomplish several things.
For example, laundry is my least favorite activity.
I have found that I'm more likely to complete the entire task, i.e. wash, dry, fold and put away laundry all in the same day, if I have another activity to accomplish as well.
Today, that activity was squash casseroles and spinach rice bake for my deep freeze.

I was able to make 4 squash casseroles and 4 spinach rice bakes.
While completing 4 loads of laundry.
And, its not even 11 a.m.!

We had a pretty good weekend.  Muver and Nanny dropped Sessy off Friday afternoon on her way down to Sehoy to help Sister with wedding plans.  Was I ever glad to see Sessy!
Having a teenager around to help with Bubba makes all the difference on a weekend when Matt had lots to accomplish.
Matt had to head down to Eufaula Saturday morning and attend an Alligator Safety Course.....weird, I know.  But, he was one of the lucky few to draw an Alligator tag for the State of Alabama's limited Alligator Season.  If you drew a tag, you had to travel down to Eufaula and take a Safety Course and learn about the can do and can't do's of LEGAL Alligator Hunting.

Apparently, its illegal to bate alligators with small live dogs while legally hunting alligators in the Great State of Alabama.  Disturbing, I know.
But, it must have been done before, or they wouldn't have mentioned it.....

So, all of that valuable information pretty much burned his Saturday.

Sunday, Matt made his breakfast specialty....French Pancakes (recipe courtesy of the Joy of Cooking) with blueberries.  They were amazing, as usual;)

I spent Sunday morning monogramming baby gifts for a baby shower I had that afternoon.
Then, I had to drag Bubba out for his Nursery School Orientation.....followed by the baby shower.

Needless to say, no nap for Bubba.  This is the child that requires a 3-4 hour nap EVERY afternoon.
He was a champ.
He was put to bed at 6 p.m.

Then, Matt and I watched Mad Men.
If you don't watch, you should watch.

Its an AMC original.
WE LOVE THIS SHOW.
This show has restored our belief that GOOD television can be made!
When I say good, I don't mean wholesome, good to watch with your kids, I mean its a good show for adults.  Picture this....1960's NYC, advertising executives, curvy women....its almost like watching how what we see as our "modern culture" was developed...by advertising.
Amazing, simply amazing.
If you subscribe to Netflix, rent the first 2 seasons and start watching.
You will become addicted.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has an excellent start to their week!

2 comments:

Holland said...

thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! i couldn't figure out how to e-mail you so i'm writing it here. also, the zoo advice was awesome. 50 bucks is such an incredible deal. we'll start going again when it isn't so hot!
again, thank you!

Sarah Barry said...

We LOVE Mad Men and watch it religiously.