This is not a recipe that can be modified into a low-calorie version.
It just wouldn't be any good.
The ingredients are very simple.
1. 1 deep dish pre-baked pie crust (I find mine in the freezer section of the grocery store)
2. Tomatoes, I used 4 small tomatoes and a handful of grape tomatoes from my garden, use your best
judgement and wing it;)
3. A handful of basil, about 15-20 leaves, stems removed
4. 3/4 cup REAL mayonaise, you all know I love Dukes;)
5. 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
6. 3/4 cup shredded provolone (I know that provolone comes sliced, but you can easily roll up about 4 slices and shred it up!)
7. 3 slices of provolone (for the bottom of your crust)
First things first!
Get a couple layers of paper towels down.
Slice your tomatoes...I don't know exactly how thick, but probably around 1/4 inch.
Place your slices on the paper towels.
Sprinkle with pepper and a tiny bit of salt.
You want your tomatoes to release some of their water so your pie doesn't become watery.
After about 10 minutes, flip your maters'!
Sprinkle with pepper only.
Leave for at least another 10 minutes.
While the maters' are workin'...
Mix up your mayonnaise and shredded cheeses.
Take your basil and tuck all of the leaves into each other...
Then take your scissors and snip, snip, snip!
Right on top of the mayonnaise and cheese mixture, then mix it up!
You want to take your 3 slices of Provolone and put them in the bottom of your pre-baked deep dish pie crust.
Now, you can start layering!
Start with your maters'!
Then, "ice" that layer with half of the mayo/cheese/basil mix
Your final layer will be the mayo/cheese/basil mix.
It will look like this....
Bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes
until it looks like heaven
Now, this is important!
Let it rest!!!
I would say, about 20-30 minutes.
Then, slice it up!
Now, this is a very rich dish.
So, watch it;)
I hope y'all enjoy!