Friday, May 14, 2010

She Came, She Cut, She Left....Muver Strikes in Speigner

I can't believe it has come to this.....
Muver.
She was in town this morning on a little business.  When I knew she was coming, I asked her if she would mind too terribly stopping in Speigner because Bubba needed a trim, and I didn't want to wait until next weekend when we will be in Sheffield.  She said she would be happy to do this little thing.
She rolls into Speigner @ 12:15 p.m.
She has Rutledge in the sink faster than you know what.
Wet head.
We take him outside on the picnic table for the trim.
She asks me how much I want cut....I respond with "about an inch".

Ummm, maybe I should have been more specific.

It got shorter...
and shorter...

Before I knew it, he looked like a big boy and not my baby.

I'm not kidding myself.  I knew it was sort of time.  He is outside so much that his head needs to be a little cooler.  This will help with that....but, I can't help but feel that my baby is not my baby anymore.

He looks so big.

This is the moment that he first saw himself.....
He looks a little stunned;)
Now, he looks pleased!  Muver asked him what happened to his hair...he said," Muver, da hair fell down!"
He was so proud!

I had to do a whole post on this because unlike his first "haircut" post, Muver actually CUT his hair.  This was no trim.
I'm not mad, just a little sad.  But, I know its time.

Sometimes, the mama has to take matters into her own hands.
My mama took this matter into her hands.
Then, she gave Rutledge a bath to get the little hairs off of his neck.
She was rolling out of Speigner at 12:55 p.m.
She takes care of business.

I must admit, he looks pretty cute:)
At least he didn't lose many curls!!!

I think he's still my baby until he's potty trained....
He's going to look really silly in his bubble suits and lace collars now that he has this big boy haircut;)
Don't think that's going to stop this mama!


2 comments:

Marianne said...

He looks so handsome!! The ANNimal strikes!!

Susannah said...

OMG-he looks so grown up! I like it though. :D