Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oh, Bubba!

Bubba is in time out this morning....and its not even 9 a.m.!
What has gotten into this child?
We haven't even gotten out of our pj's yet!

In this pic, he was telling me that he was mad.
I told him that it made me sad:(

And this was his face....

I have honestly had the roughest weekend with Rutledge.  I don't know if its just the 2 year old coming out in him or if its his molars that are making him act this way, but I'm pretty discouraged:(

I don't want to just dismiss or make excuses his behavior because he is 2 years old or because his molars may be coming in...I don't think that is acceptable!  But, as a parent, sometimes you want to justify your childs behaviour beause you feel that their behavior is a reflection on you...and it is.  That's the scary part.

  Parenting a 2 year old is easier in a few ways because they are more verbal.  They can say what they need or want, if they hurt and where it hurts.  But for the past couple of months, Rutledge has been increasingly verbal on his "emotions".  If I hear it once, I hear it 200 times a day that he is: mad, sad, hurt, happy.  Its kind of a roller coaster.  I'm starting to think that he is doing this for attention...I don't know!!!

So, I want to take this opportunity to salute those mama's out there that have raised or are raising a 2 year old....cause' its hard!!!

But, I have to say, as hard as it seems now, the good definitely outweighs the not-so-good.  The majority of our days are absolutely splendid!  Each and every day I thank God for the opportunity to be with my child.  I wouldn't trade this journey for anything in the world.  

I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want to just SMOOCH this Bubba?

We hope that everyone is having a good start to the week!  We have been pretty busy around these parts!  Hope to post about our doins' a few times this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin, hang in there, I can tell from your blog you are a wonderful mother and Rutledge is a very blessed little boy. Sounds like you are doing just what you need to be doing. Loved reading about your trip and am dying to go there someday myself! Roxanne