Thursday, April 8, 2010

The last few days...

The last few days have been a little hectic.  At the beginning of the week, I started a 4 week commitment....a fitness bootcamp.  Now, I don't like physical fitness, AT ALL.  I really don't like fitness at 5 a.m.   However, I know that its something that is going to have to be a part of my life because I want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  I love to cook and I love to eat.  That said, I want to be able to cook and eat all the things I (we) love and maintain a certain weight (size).  Portion control is something that I have really gotten on board with and I get the concept.  But, its still a struggle for me!!!  Enough about that!

Rutledge has been a busy Bubba this week!   He has been to Mom's Morning Out 2 mornings this week.  On Wednesday, we picked up my MIL, Robin (aka Sweetie), and headed to Montgomery to run a few errands and to attend our Gymboree class.  Rutledge LOVES Gymboree.  After our class, we headed West on Hwy 80 and ended up in Demopolis...Again!  Robin's parents, Mr. & Mrs. F.B. Rutledge, Jr., needed some assistance in cleaning out their deep freeze.  I am the PERFECT person for that job.  I love to throw things away.  Matt's grandparent's are extremely organized, resourceful & self-sufficient.  However, they are 90 & 92, respectively, & things aren't as easy to take care of as they once were.  So, Robin and I took care of the deep freeze & Frank Rutledge took care of Rutledge Rogers. 

Here is a pic of those two taken a few months ago
They absolutely delight in one another & its precious.

A little while after we arrived, Papa announced that he & Rutledge were headed out to take a walk...to the river...pronounced, "Riva".  Rutledge swiped one of Papa's hats and away they went.  Here are some pics of them headed out on their adventure!
How cute are they?
Waving to Mama!


So, that's what we have been up to the last few days.  Nothing terribly exciting, just life. 
We hope that everyone has a terrific rest of the week! 
I'm leaving you with a pic of Bubba and Matt taken last spring.  Now, that Spring has Sprung, we have to get the tractor out so that they can bush hog our yard! 
Look at that little Bubba!

1 comment:

jules8665 said...

Love the pics of Rutledge and Papa! So precious!