Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rutledge's 2nd Birthday

Two years ago today, I became a mama.  If you were to ask anyone who has ever known me, they would tell you that I have always been a mother.....even though I had yet to give birth to anything until March 30, 2008.  I suppose those character qualities such as:  nurturing, domineering, loving, overbearing, caring and supportive, nosy, are just part of my genetic makeup!  I just can't help it.  I'm the oldest of 4 children and I'm bossy.  So, there!  I said it.  I digress...... As I was saying, I became a mama 2 years ago today.  It was the 2nd best day of my life.  The 1st was entering into the bonds of matrimony with this hunk of burnin' love!

This fabulous photo of my Main Man was taken at Cajun's the afternoon before our fabulous wedding, November 5th, 2005.  If you ever are in Sheffield, AL, you cannot miss Cajun's!  Home of the best grilled oysters and fantastic people watching.
The 2nd best day ever was becoming this baby's mama!
    He was a great baby and he is a great toddler and I am so proud to be his parent. 
Don't you wanna kiss that Bubba?  He is beyond precious!!!  This was taken at his birthday party on Sunday. 
Speaking of the party.  Wanna know what we did? 
First, my mama and I decorated.....



I'm still peeved that I spent all that time polishing my sterling goblets and pitcher and only 1 person drank water!!!
Then, we headed outside to gather up all of the animals......yes, you read that correctly, animals.  We had a little petting zoo.  We intended to only have rabbits of which we had 4.  Someone, mainly my MIL, decided it would be lots of fun to bring a baby goat and 2 ducklings.
Poor goat. 
Rutledge is whispering the baby Mallard, "I'll see you again when I'm big enough to hold my shotgun."
Then, someone blew out his birthday candle.
And Daddy brought out the big prize!
WARNING!!!  You will see lots of tractor pics on this blog;)
It was a great day....even though Bubba was tired of having his picture made;)
So, I guess this concludes my first blog post.  Hope you enjoyed it!  I'll be back tomorrow with Rutledge's 2nd year stats.  I know you can't wait ;)
p.s.  No animals were harmed during this party!!!  The goat was returned to the place from whence he came, (i.e. a goat farm in Sardis, AL), and the bunnies and ducklings were given to an animal loving fam that raises such creatures. 
p.s.s.  All of the pictures on this post, with the exception of the 1st two, were taken by my little friend, Taylor Morgan.  She is an amateur photographer and I think she does a wonderful job!  Contact me if you are ever interested in hiring her for your party or for any other photography needs!

2 comments:

The Macons said...

Way to join the ranks!! Rutledges party looked fun!!

jules8665 said...

Love this, Erin! I will be stalking :)